Yesterday, September 3, 2012, we were visited by several Colombian entrepreneurs who participate in the First Technological Mission in Innovation and Clusters Development in Mexico. The purpose of this visit was show them the PIIT and the work being done in research and technological development with a focus on the creation of clusters.
The visit was coordinated by:
• Dr. Jaime Parada Ávila, General Director of the Institute of Innovation and Technology Transfer
• Dr. Oscar Vazquez Montiel, Director of Innovation, New Business, Scientific and Technological Infrastructure and Networking Research from the Institute of Innovation and Technology Transfer.
• Dr. Martha Leal Gonzalez, Director of Planning, Graduate, International Outreach and Cooperation from the Institute of Innovation and Technology Transfer
• Dr. Rocio Gomez-Tagle Rangel, Director of Internationalization EGADE, EGAP, Tecnológico de Monterrey.
• Dr. Carlos Scheel Mayenberger; EGADE Research Professor, Chair Wealth Creation and Innovation
During the visit to PIIT, Colombian businessmen had the opportunity to visit the Center for Global Innovation and Entrepreneurship at the University of Texas where a panel was held with the participation of:
• Colas Dr. Rafael Ortiz, Director of the Center for Innovation, Research and Development in Engineering and Technology UANL with the theme “Linking UANL with the productive sector and participation of Clusters”
• Dr. Servando Aguirre Tostado, Director of the Nanotechnology Incubator with the theme “Linking nanoincubator with Nanotechnology Cluster of Nuevo Leon”
•Ing. Carlos Ross Scheede, Director of the Center for Global Innovation and Entrepreneurship at the University of Texas, with the theme “Technology Commercialization”